Tea Party supporters should shut up and let President Obama destroy America if they know what’s good for them, a prominent leftist agitator says.
On his TV show Glenn Beck highlighted recent remarks made by propagandist Markos Moulitsas, founder of the vile, hateful left-wing website, Daily Kos. (video not available; transcript here) Moulitsas said
I mean, this is what the people voted for. And it’s one thing to oppose it on policy. It’s another thing to use the kind of exterminationist, eliminationist rhetoric that they are using in appealing to violence and that sort of thing.
So many lies. Where to begin? Let’s look at this kook’s two points which are (i) that the people are getting what they wanted and (ii) that the right is inciting violence for political ends.
By electing Obama the American people did not vote to transform America into a socialist state. Obama, the nation’s first Marxist president, presented himself as a moderate, pragmatic liberal during the 2008 presidential election campaign. Only occasionally, and only inadvertently, did Obama let slip his true radical intentions, such as when he admitted to Joe the Plumber that he wanted to spread the wealth around. The mainstream media dutifully downplayed and in many cases outright ignored the remark in an effort to help get Obama elected. Throughout this period Moulitsas did nothing but cheer on Obama as if a paid lackey.
And what proof does Moulitsas have that Obama opponents are inciting violence? Sure, there have been a few isolated incidents but almost all political violence committed during the Obama era has been perpetrated by people on the left.
As Mithridate Ombud helpfully pointed out on NewsBusters:
- It was not the fear of conservative violence that caused Ann Coulter’s speech to be cancelled this week.
- It was a liberal who bit the finger off a man who disagreed with him on healthcare.
- It was Obama-loving Amy Bishop who took a gun to work and murdered co-workers.
- Joseph Stack flew his plane into the IRS building after writing an anti-conservative manifesto.
- It was liberals who destroyed AM radio towers outside of Seattle.
- It’s liberals who burn down Hummer dealerships.
- It was progressive SEIU union thugs who beat a black conservative man who spoke his mind.
- It’s doubtful that a conservative fired shots into a GOP campaign headquarters.
- In fact, Democrats have no monopoly on having their offices vandalized.
- Don’t forget it was Obama’s friend Bill Ayers who used terrorism as a tool for political change. SDS is still radical, with arrests in 2007 and the storming of the CATO Institute in July 2008.
- It was a liberal who was sentenced to two years for bringing bombs and riot shields to the Republican National Convention in 2008.
- It was a liberal who threatened to kill a government informant who infiltrated her Austin-based group that planned to bomb the RNC.
- It was liberals who assaulted police in Berkeley.
- It was liberals who intimidated and threw rocks through the windows of researchers.
- The two Black Panthers who stood outside polls intimidating people with nightsticks were probably not right-wingers.
- Every time the G20 gets together, it’s not conservatives who destroy property and cause chaos.
Topic: NRB Tags: agitator, America, Amy Bishop, Ann Coulter, Austin, Beck, Berkeley, Bill Ayers, campaign, cheer, co workers, Daily, Don, effort, eliminationist, exterminationist, founder, Glenn, glenn beck, isolated incidents, Joe, Joseph Stack, kind, kook, Kos, lackey, Left, left wing, mainstream media, man, Markos Moulitsas, newsbusters, ombud, party, party supporters, plumber, policy, political violence, President Obama, presidential election campaign, propagandist, rhetoric, Seattle, show, socialist state, sort, Tea, tea party, thing, transcript, vid, vile, violence, website